“13 Reasons Why” is a series that is rising in popularity on Netflix right now. People claim that it brings awareness to suicide and bullying. Both of these are very important issues and need to be addressed. However, in my opinion, they are going about it completely wrong. The series glorifies suicide and is giving people ideas and motive to carry out their thoughts of suicide. The thought that this series could potentially lead anyone to harm themselves makes me heartbroken. If anyone out there is considering ending their life I would hope you would give me the chance to tell you how truly wonderful you are. (Seriously message me) You do have a purpose. Instead of concentrating on the reasons why we shouldn’t be on this earth may we always choose to think of the reasons we should be here.
I have a purpose. I have reasons why I want to be here on this earth. Here are 13 reasons I want to live.
- God loves me. Even when I have felt like I have gone past the point of forgiveness. Even in my lowest of lows. Even at my very worst. God still loves me.
- My sweet husband. He is the best eternal companion a gal could ask for. I do not know what I would do without him.
- I have the best family on earth. As I have grown older I have recognised the fact of how truly blessed I am to have my family.
- My dear friends. I have some pretty great friends.
- (This might sound silly to some) My dogs. The best companions in the world.
- I live in a free Country. How truly lucky am I to live in a country that some only dream of living in.
- I have access to clean water. Do you even know how amazing that is?
- I still have people to meet and I know they are going to change my life.
- I still have things to do. I want to continue volunteering photography at the Dinosaur National Monument, making music, blogging, etc.
- There are places I want to see. I want to see the Grand Canyon. I want to visit New York. I still have so many adventures to go on.
- I want to learn. I still don’t have everything figured out. I want to keep expanding my knowledge.
- To see what lies ahead. I can’t wait to see where my life takes me.
- To help others. I hope one day something I do or say will impact someones life.
With that said, I would love to hear what gives you purpose. What are your ‘reasons’?